Life Stressors: include trauma, and feelings of hopelessness. Social Anxiety, Depression, Stress, Relationship and/ or Family Issues, Teen Topics, Building Self-Esteem.
Dealing with: social skills, life skills, and executive functioning skills ~ Self - Regulation, Cognitive Flexibility, Auditory Processing, Working Memory, Focus & Self-Control, Listening, Following Directions, and more.
Navigating the journey through special education services and accessing mental health resources for your child.
27 years of experience teaching children with special needs including learning differences, autism, intellectual disabilities, behavior disorders, and mental illnesses.
+ I have a Master's in Special Education and Bachelor in Elementary Education/Early Childhood.
+ I am currently getting certificated as a Mental Health Coach.
I began my remarkable special education journey when I was three years old. I remember telling my fourth-grade teacher that I wanted to be a teacher to help kids like me. Learning to read and write was a struggle for me. Being bullied and made fun of for going to the "dumb class" is still in my mind. I am here the help others with supports, encouragement and skills to have a voice that will empower others like me.
Preteen thru Young Adults with Learning Differences and/or Mental Illness
* Learn strategies to use your voice to speak up.
* Learn how to use your accommodations in your IEP to help you be successful in your classes.
* Prepare you for further education, employment, independent, and living by self advocating for yourself
* Techniques to deal with day to day situations
* Strategies to self regulate emotions
* Focus on improving Executive Functioning skills
* Social and Life Skills
Meeting (virtual/in-person), emails, text, and/or phone calls
Meeting (virtual/in person), emails, text, and/or phone calls
* Learn the process of special education
* Empower you to be a productive team player at your child’s IEP table
* Know your child’s rights according to IDEA and/or ADA
Shae Spears, MEd is not a lawyer or therapist. I'm not giving legal advice and diagnosing. I am not responsible for the final outcome.